A massive earthquake hit Chile this week and many are dead and possibly millions are left homeless. Our hearts go out to the people of Chile. The devastation they just suffered is unbelievable. Having lived in the San Fransisco area for many years we know what earthquakes could do but never did we experience the full force of nature. We want to do what we can to help.
We have decided that we will donate all proceeds this week from Family Matters to a Chile fund through Americares. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can help by purchasing Family Matters on iTunes.
If you want to help more directly you can look here:
- American Red Cross- The Red Cross has pledged $50,000 from their International Response Fund. You can give at NYredcross.org.
- Convoy of Hope- Convoy of Hope is sending an assessment team to Chile and is making plans to stage a response. You can help by donating through the website or text 4CHILE to 50555 to donate $10 to Convoy of Hope.
- Habitat for Humanity- Habitat for Humanity Chile has helped construct more than 3,500 homes since 1998. Donate through the website or text CHILE to 25383 to donate $10.
- Operation USA- Operation USA is sending medical aid to Chile as part of the relief efforts. Donate through the website or text REBUILD to 50555 to donate $10.
- Oxfam- Oxfam is sending water engineers and logisticians to assess the situation and determine what sort of ongoing aid is needed, saying though the severity of the situation is unclear, Oxfam is preparing for the worst.
- The Salvation Army- The Salvation Army immediately mobilized emergency services to provide relief. You can donate through the website or text CHILE to 52000 to donate $10.
- Save The Children- Save The Children is sending an emergency assessment team to Chile. You can aid in these efforts by donating to the Children's Emergency Fund.
- ShelterBox- A ShelterBox Response Team is en route to Chile, and an initial shipment of 448 ShelterBoxes, enough aid for up to 4,480 people, has been sent.
- World Vision- World Vision began immediate response in sending emergency relief supplies and staff to Chile to help injured survivors. Donate through the website or text CHILE to 20222 to donate $10.